Welcome to Askinosie Chocolate

My Cart (0)

Dark Milk Chocolate + Black Licorice CollaBARation™ Bar

SKU# Licorice-Bar

Be the first to review this product

Availability: In stock

$9.00

Quick Overview

We handcraft this single origin 62% dark milk chocolate (54% cocoa liquor and 8% cocoa butter, pressed in our factory) with cocoa beans we source directly from farmers in Davao, Philippines plus goat’s milk powder, certified organic cane sugar and a touch of Fleur de Sel Sea Salt. We then add pieces of salted black licorice to the back of the bar, and anise seed to balance the myriad of flavors and create an unbelievable texture. We partnered with our friend, (and Scandinavian distributor), Martin Jörgensen, and his licorice factory, Lakritsfabriken on this bar. Made with rice flour, Lakritsfabriken’s premium licorice is gluten free. The licorice is handcrafted in Martin’s small factory located in Ramlösa. Learn more about Martin and his licorice here.


This unique chocolate is gluten free. 


Net Weight: 85g (3oz)




“One of the 14 Best Chocolates in America” —Bon Appetit




 

Click on image to zoom

More Views

Details

We handcraft this single origin 62% dark milk chocolate (54% cocoa liquor and 8% cocoa butter, pressed in our factory) with cocoa beans we source directly from farmers in Davao, Philippines plus goat’s milk powder, certified organic cane sugar and a touch of Fleur de Sel Sea Salt. We then add pieces of salted black licorice to the back of the bar, and anise seed to balance the myriad of flavors and create an unbelievable texture. We partnered with our friend, (and Scandinavian distributor), Martin Jörgensen, and his licorice factory, Lakritsfabriken on this bar. Made with rice flour, Lakritsfabriken’s premium licorice is gluten free. The licorice is handcrafted in Martin’s small factory located in Ramlösa. Learn more about Martin and his licorice here.

This unique chocolate is gluten free. 

Net Weight: 85g (3oz)


“One of the 14 Best Chocolates in America” —Bon Appetit


 

Awards
Stake in the Outcome Yes
Direct Trade Yes
Single Origin Yes
Chocolate University No
Kosher No
Tasting Notes Caramel notes, soft thrill of the goat’s milk met with subtle salt, anise sweetness, and clear, but rich, licorice character. Ultra silky, with a soft chew and pleasant crunch.
Awards & Accolades

2012—silver sofi™ (specialty outstanding food innovation)—Specialty Food Association

2012— Gold—Americas & Silver—World— International Chocolate Awards

2011—Silver—London Academy of Chocolate

As seen in Time Out Tokyo, Specialty Food Magazine, Nylon magazine, Food & Wine and on Wall Street Journal online, Cool Hunting and more.

 

Nutritional Info

Serving Size 42.5g (1/2 bar)
Total Calories 256.6, Fat Cal. 145.9, Total Fat 16.2g (17%), Saturated Fat 9.8g (34%), Trans Fat 0 (0%), Cholesterol 0 (1%), Sodium 15.4mg (4%), Total Carbs 23.1g (11%), Fiber 5.4g (15%), Sugars 12.5g, Protein 4.6g, Vitamin A (0%), Vitamin C (0%), Calcium (4%), Iron (14%)

Product Tags

Use spaces to separate tags. Use single quotes (') for phrases.